activities 9-12 months
- Play outside. Name each thing the baby is interested in and talk to your child about it.
- Begin teaching 'in', 'out', 'over', and 'under' using a box or sack and his
favorite toy. In & out are the easiest to understand.
- Have baby look at a picture of someone in the family and talk about it and name
them. Then take a scarf and cover it up and ask her "where
- Again songs, movement and musical games are great at this age. A couple of
kid's favorites are "If you're happy and you know it" and "Little Bunny Foo Foo".
- Books that have buttons you can push and they make noise are great at this age
too. Baby can help by pushing the button for you as you read the book to him.
Activity suggestions are courtesy of Laura Renfroe Christiensen, a Speech Pathologist working with children from birth to 18 months of age.